Even though there are things to write, I am not particularly inspired as I write this entry, so I am hoping that as I write it will become more interesting. Hmmm well Valentine’s day came and went…in Japan the girls actually give the boys chocolate and then in March there is White day which is when the boys give chocolate to the girls, all a marketing gimmick I’m sure, just so there are two opportunities to buy and give cutely wrapped chocolates…
Finally the kiln has been fired at the pottery workshop so I was very excited to see my creations all baked and ready for glazing and decorating, very happy. I went for lunch with a couple of Japanese friends last week to a lovely restaurant overlooking the clear water of a river. It was a freezing but sunny day, and we continued onto Ashikita for a drive. The beach was obviously deserted in winter, but the view was amazing with the sun shimmering over the water. There is a big recreation park as well where you can grass ski and zorb.
Last Sunday afternoon was a parents and teachers association beach volleyball round robin in the elementary school gym. Highly entertaining to watch everyone have a go, and all seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves and the drinking party that followed!
Only a month until the spring school holidays and until I go to Europe for two weeks, I am very excited! I have managed to decide on a circuit that starts in Paris and ends in London and I will hopefully be able to catch up with as many friends as possible even though two weeks is way too short!
This weekend we had a dinner at one of the other jets as her mum is visiting her from Singapore and she made us delicious Chinese food and it was the first real party where almost all of us had gotten together so that was nice. Sunday, I went to the Yuyama elementary school presentation/performance day. The kids are so good, they have worked so hard to prepare and I am sure that there are some budding actors in first and second grade! The third and fourth grade kids did a fantastic taiko drumming performance it was amazing.
Malgré le fait qu’il y a des choses a écrire, je n’arrive pas être spécialement inspirée a les raconter, alors j’espère qu’en écrivant je trouverai quoi écrire…
Le Saint Valentin est passé a l’envers au japon, c’est les filles qui donnent du chocolat aux garçons…et puis il y a White day en mars qui est le jour ou les garçons peuvent donner aux filles…je suis sure que le tout est qu’un truc publicitaire pour créer deux occasions a promouvoir des chocolats mignons et très joliment emballés
Pour changer de sujet, enfin le four a l’atelier de poterie a été mis en marche et mes assiettes et tasses sont finalement prêtes a être colorées et décorées, je suis contente ! Le week-end dernier j’ai déjeuné avec deux amies japonaises dans un restaurant très pittoresque donnant sur la rivière. Apres avoir mangé nous avons continué jusqu'à Ashikita. La plage était évidemment desserte en plein milieu d’hiver mais elle était très belle avec les reflets de soleil chatoyant l’eau.
Dimanche après midi était activité sportive pour l’association des profs et parents d’élèves – le beach volley dans le gymnase de l’école primaire ! C’était bien drôle de regardait tout le monde jouer, et en tout cas ils ont eu l’air de être bien amusés surtout en buvant de la bière a la fête qui a suivit !
Plus qu’un mois avant les vacances de printemps et mon voyage de deux semaines en Europe…beaucoup trop court, mais mieux que rien. J’ai réussi a planifié un itinéraire commencent a Paris et finissant par Londres qui me permet – j’espère – de voir autant d’amis que possible !
Ce week-end nous avons fait un dîner chez une des autres profs d’anglais qui est singapourienne et sa mère est en visite en ce moment alors elle nous a cuisiné un repas Chinoise. C’était sympa car on était une petite vingtaine et c’est rare que nous faisons des soirées ou presque tout le monde est la. Dimanche je suis allée a la journée gala de l’école primaire de Yuyama, les enfants on fait tellement de travail a préparer cette performance, c’était génial…je suis sure qu’il y a des futurs acteurs parmi les élèves de CM1 ! et CM2 ! Les élèves de troisième et quatrième ont joué au tambours taiko, ils jouent super bien ensemble, c’était un plaisir de les regarder.

1 comment:
hello nicola! lovely to hear of your feb on planet japan. missing you heaps but very excited to hear about your trip to the EU + meeting up with leila. it's going to be packed but made of awesome.
Post a Comment